9:30 am — City Hall, Board of Public Works, Room 395 [it is just down the corridor, on the same 3rd floor, as the Council Chambers]. Brief presentation to the Board of Public Works about the value of mediation. Presentation is similar to the next presentation before the City Council. This meeting is not televised.
10:00am — City Council. Start time is 10:00am but could start later depending on the City Council agenda. Session ends by noon.
Los Angeles City Council recognizes 12th annual Mediation Awareness Week
City Hall, City Council Chambers is located on the 3rd floor at 201 N. Los Angeles St., LA 90012
Viewing: Live on TV Channel 35 or lacityview.org [archived there too] // more specific link:
PARTICIPANTS AT “2016 MEDIATION AWARENESS ” Program 3/30/16
Introduction: Paul Koretz, Councilman, 5th District, Sponsor of Mediation Awareness Week
1. Daniel Ben-Zvi, former trial lawyer and now active Mediator with ADR Services, and Chairman of Mediation Awareness Week for the last 12 years.
2. Ricardo Echeverria, President-Elect of Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA – the plaintiffs’ trial lawyers association) and partner of Shernoff Bidart Echeverria Bentley
3. Glenn Barger, President of Association of Southern California Defense Counsel (ASCDC – the defense counsel association) and partner of Chapman, Glucksman, Dean, Roeb & Barger
4. Mike Feuer, City Attorney
5. Shaphan Roberts, Director of City Attorney’s Dispute Resolution Program
6. Jason Harper, President-Elect of the Southern California Mediation Association (SCMA)
7. Paul Kiesel, President of the Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) and partner of Kiesel, Boucher, Larson
8. Randolph Even, President-Elect of American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) and Mediator with ADR Services.
9. Gene Moscovitch, President of the International Academy of Mediators (IAM) and Mediator with Judicate West.