Greetings SCMA Colleagues,
Below is a synopsis of upcoming events/information or you can listen to my video (6 minutes) for additional details and updates about other projects and activities going on with SCMA! Like, all of you, we are evaluating our activities and adjusting due to the current environment.
Upcoming and confirmed dates for SCMA events
- Legal Nuts & Bolts online/on-demand webinar. The target audience is for non-lawyer mediators who want to understand the basic terms that are used in court proceedings. This course is also one of the requirements for mediator certification with MC3. The target date is late April.
- SCMA annual conference on Saturday, October 17, 2020, at the LA Grand Hotel, Downtown Los Angeles. This could be moved depending on the environment and taking into consideration the advance planning that is required to put on such an event.
- Recordings of previous SCMA webinars are now available on our website for purchase.
Events with locations and dates being finalized
- Employment Mediation Institute to be held at the USC Gould School of Law. Format and date currently in review.
- SCMA’s summer networking event in early August – Postponed as this is an in-person networking event.
- Future webinars, in the works.
We are in the process of revamping our website and the internal data processing systems used to run our organization. Such as: how you access your profiles, how you renew your membership, how you register for events, etc. You will not see anything new for now but in about 90 days we hope to have this implemented.
- To Susan Guthrie for her webinar presentation on March 23 titled, “The Future is Online, and You Can Be Too!”. We had 82 in attendance!
- To Aaron Larks-Stanford, Jim Cameron, Marvin Whistler, and Mark Sarni for hosting pilot PDGs in March using the zoom video process.
Thanks for staying connected to SCMA
Stay safe, Stay Healthy !!!
SCMA President 2020