The Southern California Mediation Association (SCMA), founded in 1989, is the largest professional mediation association in California. Our mission is to nurture, expand, and develop the practice, profession, and community of mediation. Our goal is to enhance the skills of mediators (at all levels) by providing opportunities for learning and networking, along with the services we offer our members.
SCMA is seeking to fulfill the position of part-time Administrative Assistant for the organization. This is an at-will position.
Summary of Job Position
Provide administrative support for day-to-day operations and for all events, programs, and services offered by SCMA. Report to the President of the SCMA Board of Directors.
- Provide administrative support to the SCMA Board President. This includes, but is not limited to, coordinating the logistics for the monthly board meetings, maintaining board member and committee reports and rosters, updating the President on activities in the organization that the Administrative Assistant is involved with, and coordinating meetings as needed.
- Provide administrative support to the SCMA President-Elect and other board members as needed.
- Provide administrative and project management support for SCMA events.
- Operate the back-end software system that is used for generating events, membership registrations, membership profiles, and other items that feed into the SCMA website.
- Serves in the ‘host’ role for SCMA webinars and meetings utilizing the Zoom platform.
- Maintain and update a process manual for the job.
- Provide information for people who call or email into the organization about SCMA membership, benefits, services, or events.
- Processes membership requests and event registration requests when members need assistance.
- Support updating of the SCMA social media pages and communications.
- Other duties as determined by the SCMA Board President.
- Strong computer and technical skills.
- Knowledge of online meeting and webinar programs such as Zoom.
- Expertise in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel.
- Social media management.
- Meeting and event coordination skills.
- Strong writing and communication skills, including the ability to draft basic communications to the SCMA Board, members, and related persons or entities.
- Ability to run reports from various database platforms.
- Create surveys using the Survey Monkey program.
- Project management.
- Pro-active planning.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of mediators
- Administrative experience.
- Experience with database programs used in a business environment.
- Basic website updating.
- Event planning.
- BA/BS degree.
Pay and Hours
- Pay range is $18.00 – $20.00 per hour, DOE.
- Normal work week will be 15 hours per week, 3 hours per day, Monday through Friday during daytime hours.
- Hours may be expanded and include some evenings or Saturdays for events. Daily start times and stop times may vary based on meetings or events.
- The position is remote where you would work out of your home. However, your presence is required at events that we schedule during the year. This could range from 4 – 8 events, typically on a Saturday, lasting from 2 – 8 hours for each event. Occasionally we could have a weekday evening event.
Application Timeline and Submittal Process
By Friday, May 15, 2020, please send your resume, no longer than two pages, to SCMA President Andy Shelby at [email protected].
SCMA is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about SCMA, visit www.scmediation.org.