Thank you to all of the people who either joined or renewed their memberships in the month of September with SCMA!!
Thank you to all of the people who either joined or renewed their memberships in the month of August with SCMA!!
SCMA is seeking to fulfill the position of part-time Administrative Assistant for the organization. This is an at-will position of the organization.
Summary of Job Position
This position provides administrative support for the day-to-day operations and for all events, programs, and services offered by SCMA. He/She also reports to the President of the SCMA Board of Directors.
- Provides administrative support to the SCMA Board President. This includes, but is not limited to, coordinating the logistics for the monthly board meetings, maintaining board member and committee reports and rosters, updating the President on activities in the organization that the Administrative Assistant is involved with, and coordinating meetings as needed.
- Provides administrative support to the SCMA President-Elect and other board members as needed.
- Provides administrative and project management support for SCMA events.
- Daily checking and response to SCMA voicemails. Receive and respond to SCMA mail and email communications.
- Processes membership requests and event registration requests when members need assistance.
- Provides information and/or researches information for people who call or write into the organization about SCMA membership, benefits, services, or events.
- Establish registration page for events in the organizations current CRM system (Fundly). Note: SCMA will train the selected candidate on this system.
- Support updating of the SCMA social media pages and communications.
- Update and enhance the administrative process manual as needed.
- Other duties as determined by the SCMA Board President.
- Strong computer and technical skills.
- Expertise in the Microsoft WORD Suite, including Excel.
- Strong writing and communication skills, including the ability to draft basic communications to the SCMA Board, Members and related persons or entities.
- Ability to run reports from various data base platforms.
- Create surveys using the Survey Monkey program.
- Knowledge of on-line meeting programs such as Zoom.
- Meeting and event Coordination skills and background.
- Social Media Management.
- Project management.
- Pro-active planning.
- Excellent customer service skills and interface.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of mediators.
- General understanding of the mediation community and mediation as a practice. The ability to understand basic mediation terms and processes.
- Experience with CRMs such as Fundly, Wild Apricot, or Memberclicks.
- Familiar with websites for updating. This is not looking for a website designer but someone who is aware when parts of the website require updating.
- BA/BS degree.
- Mediation Degree and/or training in mediation.
Pay and Hours
- Pay range is $16.00 to $20.00 per hour.
- Normal work week will be 15 hours per week (3 hours per day, Monday through Friday). Hours may be expanded and include evenings or Saturdays for events. Daily start times and stop times may vary based on meetings or events.
- For the first three (3) months the selected candidate will work through Manpower Services on a contract labor basis to SCMA.
Application Timeline and Submittal Process
SCMA is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about SCMA, visit www.scmediation.org.
Thank you to all of the people who either joined or renewed their memberships in the month of July with SCMA!!
Thank you to all of the people who either joined or renewed their memberships in the month of June with SCMA!!
To close out the recent Family Mediation Institute, SCMA Board Member, Susan Guthrie and her co-host, Rebecca Zung recorded a special LIVE EPISODE of their hit podcast Breaking Free: A Modern Divorce Podcast and interviewed members and attendees who shared their top tips including DO’S and DON’TS for having a successful mediation. You can download and listen to the episode on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher and all major podcast outlets or by clicking the button below!
Breaking Free: A Modern Divorce Podcast is an iTunes top 10 podcast and was recently featured in the “New & Noteworthy” listings and on the “Recommended” list by Podbean. The show has had more than 1.2 million listens and is the #1 divorce podcast in the country! A new episode comes out every Monday at 9 a.m. EST.
Thank you to all of the people who either joined or renewed their memberships in the month of May with SCMA!!
Thank you to all of the people who either joined or renewed their memberships in the month of April with SCMA!!
Thank you to all of the people who either joined or renewed their memberships in the month of March with SCMA!!
Many thanks to our SCMA President-Elect Andy Shelby for representing SCMA at the Annual Mediation Awareness Day at Los Angeles City Hall yesterday, March 27, 2019. He was joined by several legal and other leaders in the mediation field including The Honorable Kevin Brazile, Presiding Justice of the Los Angeles Superior Courts.
Andy reports that it was a great day for SCMA and the mediation profession as a whole.
To view Andy’s remarks along with the remarks of others, click on the link below. Andy’s remarks begin at 109.25