JOIN IN TODAY!
Find a Study Group near you!
- SCMA East-side/San Gabriel Valley Study Group
- Date: Monday, June 4, 2012
- Time: 5:30 – 7:30 pm
- Location: Mediation Offices of Georgia Daniels, 70 South Lake Avenue, 10th Floor, Pasadena, CA 91101 – Main Conference Room (Please turn right from the elevator and go to the reception area.)
- Parking: Street, public lots two blocks south, or park in the building for $10
- Please Bring: a practice or case study question or tips for group discussion/feedback!
- Cost: Free to SCMA Members!
RSVP: Please contact Georgia Daniels at(626) 441-1900 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- DATE: Tuesday, June 19, 2012
- TIME: 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- LOCATION: Mediation Offices of Wendy Kramer, 2001 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 210, Santa Monica, CA 90403
- COST: FREE to SCMA Members
- RSVP: Contact Wendy Kramer at (310) 829-6063 ext. 12 or via e-mail at email@example.com
- DATE: Friday, June 15
- TIME: 7:30 – 9:00 am
- LOCATION: Elijah’s Restaurant, 8861 Villa La Jolla Drive, San Diego, CA 92037
- CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE WEBSITE & MENU!
- TOPIC: Structure of the Mediator’s Client Contract (Member Discussion)
- COST: FREE to SCMA Members!
- RSVP: Contact Hass Sadeghi at (858) 480-1421 or via e-mail at Hass@SadeghiLegal.com
- MORE UPCOMING EVENTS TO LOOK FORWARD TO:
- Summer Ethics Institute!
- 2nd Annual Summer Soiree, August, 2012
- 24th Annual SCMA Conference! – Saturday, November 3, 2012: “The Working Mediator: Improving the Culture of Conflict,” Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, CA
- Professional Development Seminars
The Asian Pacific American Dispute Resolution Center/APADRC has training opportunities.
Date: February 16, 17 and 18, 2012
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Cost: $800; Early Bird Special – $700 if you register before December 15, 2011
Location: Downtown Los Angeles – Specific location to be determined
Trainer: Forrest Mosten
This intensive three-day training will provide attendees with an opportunity to acquire necessary skills and knowledge to conduct divorce mediation. Attendees will learn how to assist couples in resolving issues such as child custody, child and spousal support, and property division. Cultural aspects of divorce will also be addressed. We hope that this training will help attendees increase their cultural awareness in providing divorce mediation services to the increasingly diverse communities of this country.
• A certificate will be issued upon completion of the training.
• MCLE and Continuing Education credits for social workers and marriage-child therapists will be offered.
About the Trainer:
Forrest “Woody” Mosten is highly regarded as a master mediation trainer and has been honored by numerous organizations including the American Bar Association. He is the author of several best-seller books on mediation, and a popular presenter at mediation and law conferences around the world. To learn more about Mr. Mosten, please visit www.mostenmediation.com.
CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THE SCMA!
It’s that time again! Time to renew your membership and continue to support the SCMA.
Click on this link and join or renew today! It’s as easy as that!
Click here to find out what is up and coming! SAVE THE DATE!!!
Find the application here. Mail/Fax/Scan-e-Mail it back to us!
The study and use of alternative dispute resolution processes has increased rapidly over the past two decades in the public and private sector. Litigants filing court cases are turning frequently to mediation and arbitration as a less formal, cost-effective means to resolve problems. Organizations are using mediation to improve working relationships, cut legal costs, and increase productivity. Mediation allows the parties to discuss the issues and create their own agreements in a confidential setting, with or without attorneys.
The Mediation and Dispute Resolution Professional Certificate Program is designed for people who are seeking or contemplating a career in dispute resolution, to improve their communication skills for personal growth, as well as for those wanting to enhance their knowledge and practice of dispute resolution processes. The curriculum merges theory and practical application to offer a solid educational experience.
It is recommended that students begin with The Nature of Conflict and Dispute Resolution and the Legal Process. Read more
SCMA 23rd Annual Fall Conference
PUTTING MEDIATION TO WORK: Expanding Horizons, Expanding Opportunities
A Meet-The-Speakers Reception and
A friendly Dinner with Colleagues!
- Check back for more details very soon!
Centinela Youth Services
In collaboration with
California State University Dominguez Hills Negotiation, Conflict Resolution and Peacebuilding Program
Volunteer Mediation Training
Centinela Youth Services, Inc.
11539 Hawthorne Blvd, Suite 500
Hawthorne, CA 90250
CYS Training Flyer Spring 2011
The ABA is pleased to announce the 2011 winners of its Second Annual Mediation Video Contest on YOUTUBE ®. The competition sought original three minute videos which helped further public understanding of mediation and promoted the use of mediation as a way to resolve disputes. The videos were judged for effectiveness, quality appeal to a diverse audience, originality and creativity. The First Prize Winner will receive a $1,000.00 cash prize. The Second Prize Winner will receive a $500.00 cash prize. This year we added a student category, with the First Prize Student Winner will receive a $500.00 cash prize and the Second Prize Student Winner will receive a $250.00 cash prize. The winning videos will be featured at the ABA Section of Dispute Resolution Spring Conference in Denver, April 13-16, 2011 with over 1,000 expected attendees. The videos of the First and Second prize winners in both categories will be linked from the ABA Section website. The winners are: