The Southern California Mediation Association (SCMA), in collaboration with the Mediation Certification Consortium of California (MC3), is pleased to announce the launch of its Litigation Nuts and Bolts Training for Mediators. This three (3) hour training, on litigation terminology, processes, rules, and procedures is a required segment for non-lawyers within the MC3 mediator certification application process. For more information about MC3 and mediator certification, click here.
What is This?
Includes: Terms associated with the litigation process, distinctions between federal and state court actions (jurisdictions generally), different phases of a civil lawsuit, special statues that affect the mediation process and settlement, confidentiality and the California Evidence Code.
Who Should Attend?
- For non-lawyers: fulfills part of MC3’s medication certification requirements for a three-hour training on litigation nuts and bolts.
- For lawyers who want to learn about the State and Federal court litigation process. (MCLE credits – 3.0 hours)
- When: Saturday, November 16, 2019
- Where: USC Gould School of Law, Room 130
- Time: 9:00 am to Noon
- Presenters: Phyllis Pollack, Esq., and Prof. Richard Peterson (USC)
- Non-SCMA members – $125.00
- SCMA members – $75.00
- Register here: https://www.scmediation.org/scma-calendar/npe-events/?eid=5836