Below is a synopsis of the past 30 days, upcoming events, and information or you can listen to my short (3 minute) YouTube video for a slightly more expanded version. We continue to evaluate our activities and like all of you are adjusting to our constantly changing environment.
Past 30 days
- Informational webinar on MC3 mediator certification and its value to the mediator and the mediation profession (68 registrations).
- Informational webinar and outreach to several bar associations on how to inform clients of the virtues of online dispute resolution formats such as zoom (58 registrations).
- Two PDGs held their sessions
Upcoming and confirmed dates for SCMA events
- July 23: Panel webinar about aspects of online dispute resolution with Susan Guthrie, Dr. Debra Dupree, and Simon Boehme.
- July 28: Panel webinar, “The Role of Mediators in Challenging Times”. Moderated by Angela Reddock-Wright, Esq., with panelists Ken Cloke, Avis Ridley-Thomas, and Profession Sukhsimranjit Singh.
- Registration and more detailed information on both of these webinars will be on our website and distributed in about 10 days.
- Mid-August: our new website will be going live.
- September 3 (tentative): will be a our ‘September Soiree’ an on-line networking event.
- October: Annual conference will be online this year.
- SCMA – Southern California Mediation Association
- MC3 – Mediator Certification
- KMC – Kids Managing Conflict
SCMA, like other organizations, still has expenses and your continued membership is VERY much appreciated in helping to maintain the services that we offer.
Thanks for staying connected to SCMA.
Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!
SCMA – President 2020