Greetings SCMA Colleagues,
Below is a synopsis of upcoming events / information or you can listen to my YouTube video (3+ minutes) for additional details and updates about other projects and activities going on with SCMA! Like all of you, we are evaluating our activities and adjusting due to the current environment.
Past 30 Days
- Legal Nuts & Bolts training for non-lawyers – online/on-demand (May 4)
- Panel webinar on what the future may hold for mediators (May 22)
- Webinar with a special speaker on marketing techniques for mediators (June 2)
We have adjusted our offerings with on-line events as our traditional in-person events have all been postponed, for now. These offerings have been at no cost or low cost to our members in support of your continued membership of SCMA and to acknowledge the current economic challenges that some of you may be facing.
These activities are supported by the volunteer efforts of our Board and the generosity of time given to us by our panelists and speakers. SCMA, like other organizations, still has expenses and your continued membership is VERY much appreciated in helping to maintain the services that we offer.
Upcoming and confirmed dates for SCMA events
- Webinar on updates and information about MC3 (June 19)
- Four PDG sessions during the month of June (members only)
- New hire to SCMA – Bouvier Eulen – Administrative Assistant (June 8)
- New SCMA website (August)
- Future webinars in the works
During these difficult times, listening to each other becomes more critical than ever: listening for understanding, listening without judging, and listening for engagement. In this way we build trust. We do this when we are mediating, and we can model this behavior in our everyday lives.
Thanks for staying connected to SCMA.
SCMA President 2020