Greetings SCMA Colleagues,
Below is a synopsis of upcoming events / information or you can listen to my YouTube video (5 and 1/2 minutes) for additional details and updates about these events and activities going on with SCMA! Like, all of you, we are evaluating our activities and adjusting due to the current environment.
Upcoming and confirmed dates for SCMA events
- Legal Nuts & Bolts online/on-demand webinar is now available on our website. The target audience is for non-lawyer mediators who want to understand the basic terms that are used in court proceedings. This course is one of the requirements of non-lawyers for mediator certification with MC3 and is eligible for 3.0 hours of CLE.
- Watch for our PDG meetings. They are now all being presented via zoom. This is a program for members only and is an opportunity to network and learn with others.
- Webinar, Friday, May 22 at 11:00 am. Topic: The Future of Mediation and You – How will today’s environment impact how and what we mediate? Hear from three distinguished panelists: Jeff Kichaven, Kristin Rizzo, and Wendy Kramer. Registration to open early next week. Free for members, small fee for non-members.
- Recordings of previous SCMA webinars are available on our website for purchase.
Events with locations and dates being finalized
- Future webinars, in the works.
- Annual Fall Conference (October 17), being reviewed.
We started the process of revamping our website and the internal data processing systems used to run our organization. Such as: how you access your profiles, how you renew your membership, how you register for events, etc. Our target date for implementation is late July/early August (we are learning a new system!).
- SCMA Webinars
- SCMA Admin. Assist. Job
- MC3 – Mediation Certification
- KMC – Kids Managing Conflict
- Article by Forrest “Woody” Mosten: “Mediators are Society’s PPE for Conflict and Difficult Decisions”
- To Mark Lemke for recording the three-hour Nuts & Bolts training session!
- To Mariam Vartkis for her contributions as SCMA’s Administrative Assistant from November or 2019 through May 15, 2020.
Thanks for staying connected to SCMA.
Stay safe, Stay Healthy !!!
SCMA President 2020