Join us for a roundtable lead by expert mediators on the topic of parent-school conflict resolution. Learn about existing programs and share your thoughts on the creation of future programs.
Topics of discussion:
- Overview on mediation and its uses
- Exploring the diversity of mediation programs
- The importance of parents developing good relationships with staff at their children’s schools.
- In-depth discussion: “How Parent-School Mediation Programs Work”
- If money were no object, what would an ideal parent-school mediation program look like and why?
Panel of expert mediators:
Michael Evans, Administrative Coordinator of the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Neighborhood Justice Program (NJP),
Jason Harper, President of the Southern California Mediation Association (SCMA) and founder of Harper Conflict Resolution, LLC.
Marc Purchin, President of mediation firm, Purchin Consulting.
Dr. Anissa McNeil, Court-Appointed Special Advocate for foster youth and CEO of Education Works Consulting Firm, Inc.
Since 1976, the County of Los Angeles Department of Consumer and Business Affairs (DCBA) has served consumers, businesses, and communities through education, advocacy, and complaint resolution. We work every day to educate consumers and small business owners about their rights and responsibilities, mediate disputes, investigate consumer fraud complaints, and enforce Los Angeles County’s minimum wage ordinance. For more information, visit dcba.lacounty.gov
Latest posts by Victoria Gray (see all)
- Advanced Mediation Training – WLACC November 5 & 12 - October 11, 2016
- SCMA Summer Soiree Success - October 1, 2016
- Conflict Resolution Day October 18, 2016 - September 13, 2016