SCMA is seeking to fulfill the position of part-time Administrative Assistant for the organization. This is an at-will position of the organization.
Summary of Job Position
This position provides administrative support for the day-to-day operations and for all events, programs, and services offered by SCMA. He/She also reports to the President of the SCMA Board of Directors.
- Provides administrative support to the SCMA Board President. This includes, but is not limited to, coordinating the logistics for the monthly board meetings, maintaining board member and committee reports and rosters, updating the President on activities in the organization that the Administrative Assistant is involved with, and coordinating meetings as needed.
- Provides administrative support to the SCMA President-Elect and other board members as needed.
- Provides administrative and project management support for SCMA events.
- Daily checking and response to SCMA voicemails. Receive and respond to SCMA mail and email communications.
- Processes membership requests and event registration requests when members need assistance.
- Provides information and/or researches information for people who call or write into the organization about SCMA membership, benefits, services, or events.
- Establish registration page for events in the organizations current CRM system (Fundly). Note: SCMA will train the selected candidate on this system.
- Support updating of the SCMA social media pages and communications.
- Update and enhance the administrative process manual as needed.
- Other duties as determined by the SCMA Board President.
- Strong computer and technical skills.
- Expertise in the Microsoft WORD Suite, including Excel.
- Strong writing and communication skills, including the ability to draft basic communications to the SCMA Board, Members and related persons or entities.
- Ability to run reports from various data base platforms.
- Create surveys using the Survey Monkey program.
- Knowledge of on-line meeting programs such as Zoom.
- Meeting and event Coordination skills and background.
- Social Media Management.
- Project management.
- Pro-active planning.
- Excellent customer service skills and interface.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of mediators.
- General understanding of the mediation community and mediation as a practice. The ability to understand basic mediation terms and processes.
- Experience with CRMs such as Fundly, Wild Apricot, or Memberclicks.
- Familiar with websites for updating. This is not looking for a website designer but someone who is aware when parts of the website require updating.
- BA/BS degree.
- Mediation Degree and/or training in mediation.
Pay and Hours
- Pay range is $16.00 to $20.00 per hour.
- Normal work week will be 15 hours per week (3 hours per day, Monday through Friday). Hours may be expanded and include evenings or Saturdays for events. Daily start times and stop times may vary based on meetings or events.
- For the first three (3) months the selected candidate will work through Manpower Services on a contract labor basis to SCMA.
Application Timeline and Submittal Process
SCMA is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about SCMA, visit www.scmediation.org.