In light of the pandemic, and the current discussions and challenges around race and other societal issues, this panel will share their thoughts on the role of mediators during these times. They each have left their footprints working on social issues in the past and they continue to be leaders in this area now and in the future. Join us as they share their insights and visions.
Our distinguished panel members will include: Ken Cloke, Avis Ridley-Thomas, and Professor Sukhsimranjit Singh, moderated by current SCMA Past President, Angela Reddock-Wright, Esq.
- Date: Tuesday, July 28, 2020
- Time: 11:00 am to 12:15 pm (PST)
- SCMA Sustaining Members: Free
- All other SCMA members: $15.00
- Non-members: $29.00
To register, go back to the SCMA home page and click on the large box in the middle of the page titled: Webinars – Upcoming and Previously Recorded
A few suggested links and reading materials from our panel members that you will find insightful and informative.
- Article: Transformative Approach to Mediation – Ken Cloke https://www.mediate.com/articles/cloke-communities-color.cfm
- 1619 Project by the NY Times https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/08/14/magazine/1619-america-slavery.html
- 1619 Project by the NY Times – Podcast https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/23/podcasts/1619-podcast.html
- Book: ‘Between the World & Me”, by Ta-Nehisi Coates – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Between_the_World_and_Me
- Institute for Non-Violence – http://invla.org/invla/
- Get Involved: Days of Dialogue – http://www.daysofdialogue.org/daysofdialogue/
- YouTube Video: Days of Dialogue Intro – Avis Ridley-Thomas
- Article: The Neurophysiology and Morality of Political Conflicts
- Slides: Pandemic, Racism, Politics, and Police: How Can Mediators Help?
- Slides: America’s Divided Mind: Understanding the Psychology that Drives Us Apart
- Days of Dialogue Discussion Guide
- Get Involved: MBB DPACE program
- Article: Access to Justice and Mediation
- Ted Talk: The Dangers of a Single Story (N. Adichie)
- Ted Talk: Made in India – Conflicts Within (Sukhsimranjit Singh)
- Pepperdine Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution
- Welcome New/Renewing Members – July 2020 - August 5, 2020
- SCMA Webinar: Role of Mediators in Challenging Times – July 28th - July 15, 2020
- SCMA Webinar: Advanced Issues in Online Dispute Resolution – July 23rd - July 13, 2020