Dear SCMA Colleagues:
I hope you found time to reenergize and rejuvenate over the summer and to spend time with family and friends. The last quarter of the year is upon us and SCMA is ready! Here are a few updates to ensure you are ready for your fall with SCMA.
First, a few kudos to our SCMA Members:
- Thank you to SCMA Board Members Terri Breer and Susan Guthrie as well as Laura McGee for your leadership in planning our 2nd Annual Family Mediation Institute. From the speakers to the exhibitors, this event was amazing and is quickly becoming one of the top family law mediation programs around.
- Thank you SCMA Board Member Mitch Tarighati and past SCMA Board Member David Levaton for continuing to lead our SCMA Mentorship Program. We are excited to have nine students in our current mentorship co-hort.
- Thank you to SCMA Members Doug Spoors and Marvin Whistler for chairing our Annual Summer Soiree at the Proud Bird. We had a great time celebrating our former Executive Director Anne Sawyer and networking with fellow SCMA members and friends.
- Congratulations to SCMA Past President Forrest “Woody” Mosten on his well-deserved Life Time Achievement Award from the Academy of Professional Family Mediators.
- Kudos to SCMA Board Member Ana Sambold on her recent invitation by the Singapore government to join in the Signing Ceremony of the Singapore Convention on Mediation which took place in August.
- Thank you to SCMA Member Cherry Destura for her vision in starting our first weekend Professional Development Group in Long Beach. The inaugural meeting was a great success.
Be sure to place the following SCMA events on your calendar:
- September 13, 2019 – “How I Made It” Webinar Episode #2, featuring Master Mediator Lee Jay Berman and hosted by SCMA Board Member & Program Committee Chair Richard Erhard. To learn more and to register, click here.
- November 1 & 2, 2019 – 31st SCMA Annual Conference. To take advantage of Early Bird registrations, click here. We look forward to honoring professors Carrie Menkel-Meadow and Leonard Riskin and having the American Arbitration Association lead our Advanced Track workshop for a second year. General workshop and other announcements will be made soon!
- September 15, 2019 – SCMA Board of Directors Election – The Board nominations period has closed. Thank you to everyone who accepted a nomination to run for the board. Please be on the lookout for the election ballot and plan to make your membership count by voting. (Members Only!)
- Professional Development Groups (PDGs) – Of course, we encourage you to continue to attend and support our PDG’s at locations near you in Downtown Los Angeles, Long Beach, Orange County, Sherman Oaks, South Bay Los Angeles/Manhattan Beach, Ventura/Camarillo, and West Los Angeles. To find a PDG near you, click here.
SCMA is Hiring!
On a final note, SCMA is recruiting for an Administrative Assistant. Please have any interested candidates email an interest letter and resume to President-Elect Andy Shelby and me to email@example.com.
I look forward to seeing each of you at the 31st Annual Conference! Enjoy these last few days of summer, and please do hesitate to contact me with any questions or comments at firstname.lastname@example.org or (213) 996-8474. I continue to be grateful for the opportunity to serve as your SCMA President.
Yours in service,
SCMA President 2019
- December 2019 President’s Message from Angela J. Reddock-Wright, Esq. - December 12, 2019
- RECAP: SCMA’s 2019 31st Annual Fall Conference - December 12, 2019
- October 2019 President’s Message from Angela J. Reddock-Wright, Esq. - October 7, 2019