Advanced Mediation Training
November 5 and 12 @ 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Karen Civitate
- Westside Extension Center – West Los Angeles Community College: 9000 Overland Ave, Culver City, CA 90230
Phone: (310) 287-4200
- Become a stronger mediator through lecture, role plays, and individualized coaching.
- Expand your abilities and practice areas by learning how to handle more complex multiple-issue and multiple-party conflicts and intensely emotional situations.
- Discuss how to deal with representatives like attorneys, union officials, and managers; find out about the dynamics of power plus techniques for managing them.
- Complete the Conflict Dynamics Profile assessment so you are aware of your strengths and weaknesses and can create an action plan to become an even more effective mediator and learn from each mediation session.
- You’ll also cover drafting settlements agreements, EEO and how to maintain an effortless flow throughout the mediation session.
- Pre-requisite: a 24-hour course in basic mediation. *$30 material fee, due at registration, for Conflict Dynamics Profile assessment.
- To be held on 2 Saturdays (11-5-16 and 11-12-16).